Click Here to pay PROPERTY TAXES online or to check ASSESSING INFORMATION
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your Treasurer. Should you have questions regarding your taxes, please call me, stop by the Township office, or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having trouble with making house payments? Click on the Step Forward Michigan link for help to avoid foreclosure: Step Forward Michigan Program
Treasurers Hours are Monday – Thursday 9:00am until 3:00pm.
- Payments may be mailed or placed in the Township’s drive-up drop box located a few steps west of the main entrance. Payments made after business hours are dated the next business day. Postmarks are not accepted as date of payment.
Include the top 1/3 of the bill along with your check or money order.
Partial or full payments are acceptable any time through 5:00 PM on February 14, 2023.
- A receipt will be issued if you include a SASE as well as the entire tax bill.
- OR provide your e-mail address on the top 1/3 when you send in your payment.
NOTE: If your mortgage company pays your property taxes, the Township sends them a statement as a service. However, each property owner is ultimately responsible to see that his/her property taxes are paid.
If you qualify for summer tax deferment, you must sign a new application each year. September 14th is the deadline to apply.
Avoid Frustrating Penalties!
Review your check carefully before sending. In most cases, we must return the payment to you for any of the following reasons: post-dated checks, over-payment, number and written amounts do not agree, just to mention a few. If you have waited until the due date to send payment, this will likely cause late fees and penalties.
Tax payments not IN-HAND to the Treasurer’s office by close of the posted business hours will be receipted as the following day and may incur late fees as shown on your tax bill. This includes after-hour use of the drop box. We cannot accept postmark as date received.
Tallmadge Charter Township Notice to Residents Availability of Applications for Summer Deferments
Notice is hereby given to residents of Tallmadge Charter Township that applications for summer tax deferments are available at the Tallmadge Township Hall, 0-1451 Leonard Street, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Taxpayers may defer summer property tax for principal residence property owned by the taxpayer if they meet the following criteria:
- Has a total gross household income of $40,000. or less in the preceding tax year, AND
- Is totally and permanently disabled, blind, paraplegic, quadriplegic, OR
- Is an eligible service person, eligible veteran or eligible widow or widower, as defined in the Michigan Income Act of 1967, P.A. 281 of 1967; OR
- Is at least 62 years of age.
Residents that have property classified as agricultural real property and gross receipts of agricultural or horticulture operations in the previous year not less than their household income for the preceding calendar year will qualify for the deferment.
IMPORTANT: APPLICATIONS FOR DEFERMENT OF SUMMER TAXES MUST BE FILLED OUT EACH YEAR. Deferment applications are due in the office of the township Treasurer, located at 0-1451 Leonard Street, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Valdyne R. Schwallier, Treasurer
Tallmadge Charter Township
Ottawa County will now issue dog license renewals based on the MONTH that your dog’s rabies vaccination expires. You will have the option of purchasing a 1 year or a 3 year license.
You can renew the dog license:
- By Mail
- At a participating vet office
- In person at the Grand Haven Courthouse
- In person at the Fillmore Complex
- On-line at: @ www.miottawa.org
Tallmadge Township Treasurer will no longer renew or issue dog licenses at the Township Office.