Forms & Publications

Building Permit Application
PLEASE NOTE:  All completed Building applications must first be turned into the Tallmadge Township office. All other permits must be submitted directly to PCI.  Contact Greg Ransford at the Township Hall for more information. 

Construction Permits 

As of September 1st, 2013, PCI (Professional Code Inspectors) took over all permits and inspections within Tallmadge Township.  All applications can be downloaded from their website: and then select Tallmadge Township jurisdiction. Verbatim from the Code Book: Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the Michigan Building Code, or to cause such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit.

Permits available upon request.

Please call the Township Hall for the following permits – 616-677-1248 or visit online at

Planning & Zoning



Notice is hereby given to residents of Tallmadge Charter Township that applications for summer tax deferments are available at the Tallmadge Township Hall, 0-1451 Leonard Street, Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Taxpayers may defer summer property tax for principal residence property owned by the taxpayer if they meet the following criteria:

  • Has a total gross household income of $40,000. or less in the preceding tax year, AND
  • Is totally and permanently disabled, blind, paraplegic, quadriplegic, OR
  • Is an eligible service person, eligible veteran or eligible widow or widower, as defined in the Michigan Income Act of 1967, P.A. 281 of 1967; OR
  • Is at least 62 years of age.

Residents that have property classified as agricultural real property and gross receipts of agricultural or horticulture operations in the previous year not less than their household income for the preceding calendar year will qualify for the deferment.

IMPORTANT: APPLICATIONS FOR DEFERMENT OF SUMMER TAXES MUST BE FILLED OUT EACH YEAR. Deferment applications are due in the office of the township Treasurer, located at 0-1451 Leonard Street, Grand Rapids, Michigan by September.

Application for Deferment

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Documents and Forms


General Information Documents