Feel free to stop in if you have any questions about Tallmadge. We are happy to help.
Office Holiday ClosuresThe Township offices will be closed the following dates in observance of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanksgiving Holiday - Closed Wednesday, November 22nd and Thursday, November 23rd. Christmas Holiday - Closed Monday, December 25th, and Tuesday, December 26th. New Years Day - Closed Monday, January 1st. We will be open Tuesday, January 2nd.
Contruction is UnderwayConstruction for the new park entrance is mostly complete! Please note the new park entrance drive, which is the furthest west drive, will give you parking access near the playgrounds, restrooms, pickleball and basketball courts. Please use the furthest east drive to access the township hall. The middle drive has been established as an access drive for emergency response vehicles only. While construction crews are still working on the finishing touches, including the finish grading and installation of lawn and landscaping. This project was completed to provide improved safety for residents to access the park.
The Fitness Court recently installed at the Tallmadge Park, located at o-1451 Leonard St.
This court is open for all to use. Tallmadge Charter Township is committed to offering recreation and fitness activities for all abilities and fitness levels. We have seen incredible use of the park by our residents, and we are excited about the addition of the Fitness Court!
The next regularly scheduled monthly Township Board Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 14th at 7:00pm.
PFAS UpdateTallmadge Township has been working with the Ottawa County Health Department to gather information regarding elevated PFAS levels near the intersection of 8th Ave & Lake Michigan Dr. Follow the links below for information about PFAS, testing options and locations.
Planning Commission MeetingThe next scheduled meeting is Tuesday, November 28th at 7:00pm.
- REMINDER: Pet owners are expected to leash, curb and pick-up waste of pets while in the park.
- Tennis, pickleball courts are open and available on a first come, first served basis.
- The park pavilion is available for use, please remember to discard your trash into the dumpsters located between the pavilion and tennis courts. The pavilion is only available on a first come, first served basis.
Ottawa County Road Commission (OCRC)Please follow the pdf link to review information regarding Tallmadge Township, OCRC and road projects. If you have further questions, please forward all questions to the OCRC at (616) 842-5400. OCRC Road Millage Tallmadge Checkbook
Zoning Ordinance Complaint FormNEW OPTION! Follow the link below to begin the process of filing an ordinance complaint with the Township Zoning Administrator. This form will take you thru the steps to electronically report a zoning concern you may have. The Township office staff is also available if you have any questions.
Ottawa County Broadband UpdateFollow this LINK to read more about the partnership between Ottawa County and 123NET for broadband service for county residents.
Audit ResultsWe are pleased to announce that March 31, 2022, year-end audit of the Tallmadge Charter Township finances and cash positions have been completed. The audit showed all accounting within the township government was within the principles accepted in the United States of America. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us here at the township offices. TCT Audit 3-31-22
Voting InformationNEW Precinct information:
- *Precinct 1 – Tallmadge Charter Township Hall @ O-1451 Leonard Street NW, Grand Rapids MI 49534
- *Precinct 2 - Living Waters Wesleyan Church@ O-1428 Leonard Street NW, Grand Rapids MI 49534
- *Precinct 3 - Lamont Community Church @ 14000 48th Avenue, Coopersville, MI 49404
- Voting Precinct Map 2022
Now taking applications for Firefighters. Click here for more info...
Township Hall RentalThe Hall is available for all occasions for a fee of $100 for Tallmadge residents. The seating capacity of the hall is 80-100 and a full kitchen is available. Call the Clerk for more information. Park Pavilion will be available on a first-come, first use basis this summer, we will not be taking reservations for the Outdoor Pavilion.
Tallmadge Historical Collection - Tallmadge Township historical records and documents are available for viewing and to help aid in research at the Tallmadge Township Hall. Information that has been gathered, catalogued and preserved over the years is incredible. Click here to read more...
NOTICE OF POSTING OF THE CURRENT PROPOSED TEXT AMENDMENT ORDINANCE(S) PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Ordinance has been posted in the office of the Tallmadge Charter Township Clerk, Tallmadge Charter Township, 0-1451 Leonard Road, N.W., Grand Rapids, Michigan (telephone: 616-677-1248), and on the Township website at www.tallmadge.com
- FirstReadingFullZoningText -- permitted uses
- FirstReadingFull - smith rezone
- FirstReadingFullZoningText --bldg height
- SecondReadingFull - Langeland
- SecondReadingFull (2) - LMD, near 14th Ave
- FirstReadingFull - Baker
- FirstReadingFull - Langeland
- SecondReadingFull - Zokoe office
- FirstReadingFull - Smith rezone
- FirstReadingFull - Zokoe office
- SecondReadingFull - Buist
- FirstReadingFull - Buist
- SecondReadingFull - Persenaire - 2nd Ave
- Mark Bennett - Supervisor
- Lenore D. Cook - Clerk
- Valdyne R. Schwallier - Treasurer
- Clifford Bronkema - Trustee
- Michael Eppink - Trustee
- Joel Terpstra - Trustee
- John Bronkema - Trustee
- Tyler Tacoma - Assessor
- Greg Ransford - Planner
Township Police Officer Deputy Tim Lewkowski
Monthly Meeting Schedule
Township Board Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.2023 Meeting Schedule:
- January 10, February 14, March 14, April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, Aug 8, Sept 12, Oct 10, Nov 14, Dec 12
Planning Commission Meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.2023 Meeting Schedule:
- Jan 24, Feb 28, March 28, April 25, May 23, June 27, July 25, Aug 22, Sept 26, Oct 24, Nov 28, Dec 26
The Zoning Board of Appeals meets as needed on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.2023 Meeting Schedule:
- Feb 7, Mar 7, Apr 4, May 2, June 6, Aug 1, Sept 5, Oct 3, Nov 7, Dec 5 -- ZBA will meet on these dates AS NEEDED.