Feel free to stop in if you have any questions about Tallmadge. We are happy to help.
Zoning Board of Appeals - MeetingA ZBA meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 7th at 7:00pm in the Township Conference Room.
- 2023-01-04 ZBA Variance Request Application-Revised
- EGLE permit - Buist
- The WRIGHT TALLMADGE FIRE BOARD will hold a special meeting to prepare the budget for the fiscal year April 1, 2023, thru March 31, 2024, on Thursday, February 09, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. The workshop will be held at the Tallmadge Township Hall, 0-1451 Leonard Street Grand Rapids, MI 49534
- The TALLMADGE CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD will hold a special meeting to prepare the township budget for the fiscal year April 1, 2023, thru March 31, 2024, on Thursday, February 16, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. The workshop will be held at the Tallmadge Township Hall, 0-1451 Leonard Street Grand Rapids, MI 49534
- “CLEAN UP DAY” 23rd Annual Tallmadge Township Clean Up Day on Saturday, April 22, 2023, from 7:00 a.m. to 11: 00a.m (Please note new hours) @ 0-1451 Leonard Street NW Tallmadge Township. Driver's License will be checked. Clean-up day is for the residents of Tallmadge Township. This year will be somewhat different as all residents will need to unload their own trash into Roll Offs located on the east side of Township Hall. No contractor debris will be accepted. No yard waste will be accepted. No tires will be accepted this year. Batteries will not be accepted. Large appliances will be accepted at a cash cost to the resident. $10.00 per non-freon appliance. $30.00 per freon appliance.
Extended Treasurer Hours:The Treasurer's office is offering the following extended hours to collect tax payments:
- Tuesday, February 14: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday, February 28th: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- The township is exploring the idea of adding an outdoor fitness center to the township park. We are in the process of applying for a grant to help with the cost of such equipment. I will have more information soon. I have provided this link that can be used to learn more about the project. Please reach out if you have any questions. Supervisor Mark R. Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Township ParkThe gate and restrooms within the park are now closed for the winter season.
Zoning Ordinance Complaint FormNEW OPTION! Follow the link below to begin the process of filing an ordinance complaint with the Township Zoning Administrator. This form will take you thru the steps to electronically report a zoning concern you may have. The Township office staff is also available if you have any questions.
Planning Commission MeetingThe next scheduled meeting is Tuesday, January 24th at 7:00pm.
Township Board MeetingThe monthly Township Board Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 10th at 7:00pm
Audit ResultsWe are pleased to announce that March 31, 2022, year-end audit of the Tallmadge Charter Township finances and cash positions have been completed. The audit showed all accounting within the township government was within the principles accepted in the United States of America. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us here at the township offices. TCT Audit 3-31-22
Voting InformationNEW Precinct information:
- *Precinct 1 – Tallmadge Charter Township Hall @ O-1451 Leonard Street NW, Grand Rapids MI 49534
- *Precinct 2 - Living Waters Wesleyan Church@ O-1428 Leonard Street NW, Grand Rapids MI 49534
- *Precinct 3 - Lamont Community Church @ 14000 48th Avenue, Coopersville, MI 49404
- Voting Precinct Map 2022
Now taking applications for Firefighters. Click here for more info...
Township Hall RentalThe Hall is available for all occasions for a fee of $100 for Tallmadge residents. The seating capacity of the hall is 80-100 and a full kitchen is available. Call the Clerk for more information. Park Pavilion will be used on a first-come, first use basis this summer. We will not be taking reservations for the Pavilion.
Tallmadge Historical Collection - Tallmadge Township historical records and documents are available for viewing and to help aid in research at the Tallmadge Township Hall. Information that has been gathered, catalogued and preserved over the years is incredible. Click here to read more...
NOTICE OF POSTING OF THE CURRENT PROPOSED TEXT AMENDMENT ORDINANCE(S) PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Ordinance has been posted in the office of the Tallmadge Charter Township Clerk, Tallmadge Charter Township, 0-1451 Leonard Road, N.W., Grand Rapids, Michigan (telephone: 616-677-1248), and on the Township website at www.tallmadge.com
- Sidewalk - Pathway SecondReadingFullText
- FirstReading Text Amendments - Lot Definitions, Home Occupations, Accessory Uses
- FirstReading Private Rd Text
- Mark Bennett - Supervisor
- Lenore D. Cook - Clerk
- Valdyne R. Schwallier - Treasurer
- Clifford Bronkema - Trustee
- Michael Eppink - Trustee
- Joel Terpstra - Trustee
- John Bronkema - Trustee
- Tyler Tacoma - Assessor
- Greg Ransford - Planner
Township Police Officer Deputy Tim Lewkowski
Monthly Meeting Schedule
Township Board Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.2023 Meeting Schedule:
- January 10, February 14, March 14, April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, Aug 8, Sept 12, Oct 10, Nov 14, Dec 12
Planning Commission Meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.2023 Meeting Schedule:
- Jan 24, Feb 28, March 28, April 25, May 23, June 27, July 25, Aug 22, Sept 26, Oct 24, Nov 28, Dec 26
The Zoning Board of Appeals meets as needed on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.