Feel free to stop in if you have any questions about Tallmadge. We are happy to help.
- Township Offices will be CLOSED during the week of Spring Break - April 5th - 9th
- Clean Up Day!
- Saturday, April 17th from 8:00am - Noon. This trash service is being provided for TALLMADGE RESIDENTS only. Please have a photo ID ready. This year will be somewhat different.
- All residents will need to unload their own trash into the roll off bins on the east side of the Township hall. Several volunteers will be available to help!
- No contractor debris accepted. No yard waste will be accepted. No tires will be accepted. Batteries will NOT be accepted.
- Large appliances will be accepted at a CASH cost to the resident.
- $10 per non-freon appliance * $30 per freon appliance
- Please call the Clerk, Lonnie Cook, at 677-1248 if you have any questions.
Proposed Upcoming Road Repair Projects for 2021
*These plans are subject to changeSection 7:
- Berkley St (Leonard to Leverette) - New Construction
- Commercial St (Woodbury to Leonard) - Resurface
- Leverette (48th Ave to 42nd Ave) - New Construction
- Mill St (Leonard St North to end) - New Construction
- Country Lane Dr (8th Ave East to Cul-de-sac) - Resurface
- Woodrow Ave NW (Johnson St South to end) - New Construction
- Daling Ct (Leonard St North to Cul-de-sac) - Resurface
- Nickles Dr (Leonard St South to Cul-de-sac) - Resurface
- 1st Ave (Lake Mich Dr to Steele St) - New Construction
- 1st Ct (1st Ave West to Cul-de-sac) - New Construction
- 3rd Ave (Lake Mich Dr to Steele St) - New Construction
- Northern Drive (3rd Ave West to Cul-de-sac) - New Construction
- Steele Street (3rd Ave to 1st Ave) - New Construction
- Mountain Ash Ave (Lake Mich Dr South to Cul-de-sac) - Resurface
- 10th Ave (Lake Mich Dr South to end) - Resurface
- 12th Ave (Lake Mich Dr South to end) - New Construction
Now taking applications for Firefighters. Click here for more info...
Township Hall Rental available for all occasions for a fee of $100 for Tallmadge residents. The seating capacity of the hall is 80-100 and a full kitchen available. Call the Clerk for more information.
Tallmadge Historical Collection - Tallmadge Township historical records and documents are available for viewing and to help aid in research at the Tallmadge Township Hall. Information that has been gathered, catalogued and preserved over the years is incredible. Click here to read more...
NOTICE OF POSTING OF THE CURRENT PROPOSED TEXT AMENDMENT ORDINANCE(S) PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Ordinance has been posted in the office of the Tallmadge Charter Township Clerk, Tallmadge Charter Township, 0-1451 Leonard Road, N.W., Grand Rapids, Michigan (telephone: 616-677-1248), and on the Township website at www.tallmadge.com
- Notice of Adaption Second Reading Full 2-9-21
- Zoning Map Amendment - FirstReadingFull
- Notice of Adoption Second Reading Full 12-08-20
- Dave Datema - Supervisor
- Lenore D. Cook - Clerk
- Valdyne R. Schwallier - Treasurer
- Clifford Bronkema - Trustee
- Michael Eppink - Trustee
- Joel Terpstra - Trustee
- Mark Bennett - Trustee
- Tyler Tacoma - Assessor
- Greg Ransford - Planner
Township Police Officer Deputy Tim Lewkowski
Monthly Meeting Schedule
Township Board Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.
Planning Commission Meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.
The Zoning Board of Appeals meets as needed on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm.